UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Negotiate your pay BEFORE you start

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, I like the organization very much. I'm in M&R and my department is one of the more flexible ones in the company, even in the building.

Great work from home policy (my dept allows two days per week)
Generous PTO
Supportive team. I haven't met a single disagreeable person in my department.
Casual attire in the Horsham office.

Cons

Don't expect significant raises or salary increases. Despite all the positive propaganda about the success of the company throughout the year, come bonus time the company suddenly "didn't do so well this year." Best to negotiate a better salary at the door bc you won't move up much once you're here.

The health benefits! It's a common complaint here. How ironic that I now have the worst benefits I've ever had in my career.

The company is all about employee engagement, but a lot of times it is forced engagement. Sometimes, employees are happier when they are left alone. The company needs to distinguish employees who want to be engaged from employees who prefer just to keep their heads down.

I lucked out with my department, but management and policies vary significantly from team to team and department to department. There is not a lot of consistency here.

Employees want straight talk throughout the year. If one side of the company isn't doing well, let us know. Don't have us thinking we're going to be rewarded for our success at the end of the year and then throw us a curveball.

The bonus distribution unfairly punishes one segment of the business. In 2012, Insurance Solutions did really well, but because Optum didn't do well, no one got rewarded. I can't help the success of Optum, so I shouldn't be punished for their performance.

Look at the varying policies across the departments. Encourage departments to institute successful policies from other areas. This will lead to more consistency across the board.

2344 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

happy to still have a job!

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice to be able to work from home, good amount of vacation time, good training and continuing education, good benefits package.

Cons

The communication from the company is not always good, things get changed frequently and without warning. There are stated rules and policies that do not get enforced for the sake of volume over quality which is still going on despite a drop off in available cases.

try not to let EHR become a company where no one cares about the effect our recommendations have on the actual patients. I think that the CEO should be a physician.

Educational experience across multiple dimensions of healthcare.

Current Employee - Vice President in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Vice President in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

UHG is involved in many facets of health related businesses. The culture is one of constant learning thus moving from job to job is condoned.

Cons

Very large and complex organization. Not very efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group