UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Good first foray into business even if it was lacking a bit on the technology end.

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hartford, CT

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as an intern

Pros

I was only an intern but they had a program geared towards helping new entry level ITers and us interns feel at home and learn the ins and out of the business. My manager was very helpful, especially when it came time to go through the red tape to download different software, and when it came to networking throughout the company. Even though I was an intern other people treated my problems and thoughts as if I had been working there for 10 years.

Cons

Your experience will vary widely between teams. Some managers allowed people to work from home some frowned upon it, some teams had a light-hearted, joke-around-but-get-work-done atmosphere and some teams were more serious. Also the red tape. So much red tape it took me two weeks to download an API I needed. The salary seems on the lower end for someone graduating with a CS degree. If you are looking to be on the verge of cutting edge technology don't look here. They are a business first and even though their IT department is large enough to be its own business that does not mean its a very tech-oriented company. Also the work-life balance seemed a little lacking for a lot of the full-timers (not for me of course I was only a lowly intern).

2246 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

They are not who they say they are. All Fluff, a lot of phony business.

Former Employee - Phone Provider Representative in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Phone Provider Representative in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just a few good people and the benefits.

Cons

Before starting there I saw some bad reviews and chose to ignore them. I'm sorry that I did. It actually was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The job description did not match the actual job at all, and the way I had to treat providers on the telephone was terrible and so unprofessional. I couldn't wait to leave the job. They say they are all about great customer service but that is not true, the bottom line is they want you to rush people off the phone as fast as possible even if you have not completed your call with them. People end up calling back over and over to accomplish what they wanted to accomplish in the first call. Everything is all about having a low telephone call handling time. That is all they are concerned with. That is the real truth. As far as management, ha ha ha ha ha, let me count the managers, there is one for every occasion. Some nice, some extremely phony, and you never know who you are really dealing with because they might be stabbing you in the back when you aren't looking. That just about sums it up, do with this information what you will, I am just offering you truthful information about UnitedHealth Care in Oldsmar, Florida.

Get a grip on what is really going on with some of your employees that work there. Your heads are too far up in the clouds to see who the real hard workers are that really give your providers the best customer service, you are more interested in quick handling time instead of really servicing the provider the way they should be serviced.

I really enjoyed working at United Health Group.

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is continuous training and in-services which are ongoing. Managers are always willing to assist you in getting ahead in your career as much as you need.

Cons

Overwhelmed with work and projects often due to not enough qualified staff.

Since you hire nurses with Associates in Nursing, more opportunities should be given for these nurses to be able to get their BSN.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group