1993 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My equal "grade level" co-workers were wonderful to work with. We had a great bond.

Cons

I am a creative person so I would not recommend anyone with that personality type to work in their corporate legal area. Get feedback regarding Management in dept. you are interested.

Need much better communication among all levels of management to employees. I think Mr. Hemsley is working to improve that problem. I also believe he has what it takes to lead the company forward.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

happy to still have a job!

Current Employee - Physician Advisor  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice to be able to work from home, good amount of vacation time, good training and continuing education, good benefits package.

Cons

The communication from the company is not always good, things get changed frequently and without warning. There are stated rules and policies that do not get enforced for the sake of volume over quality which is still going on despite a drop off in available cases.

try not to let EHR become a company where no one cares about the effect our recommendations have on the actual patients. I think that the CEO should be a physician.

Great place to work! The overall environment was wonderful. The company strives to give back to the community.

Former Employee - Health Advisor  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and management was generally pleasant and fair. Many opportunities to advance if you are good at what you do, you will be recognized.

Cons

Fair company to work for if you like the call center atmosphere. (Basically, you will be penalized if you go to the bathroom when not on a break or lunch, but your metrics will even out of you are careful and know how to be mindful of your time for breaks, lunches and be efficient)

A particular member of management was not as fair as she could be because she felt her own medical problems were greater than her co worker or employees medical or personal issues and showed little compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!