There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My equal "grade level" co-workers were wonderful to work with. We had a great bond.

Cons

I am a creative person so I would not recommend anyone with that personality type to work in their corporate legal area. Get feedback regarding Management in dept. you are interested.

Need much better communication among all levels of management to employees. I think Mr. Hemsley is working to improve that problem. I also believe he has what it takes to lead the company forward.

1990 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to work! The overall environment was wonderful. The company strives to give back to the community.

Former Employee - Health Advisor  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and management was generally pleasant and fair. Many opportunities to advance if you are good at what you do, you will be recognized.

Cons

Fair company to work for if you like the call center atmosphere. (Basically, you will be penalized if you go to the bathroom when not on a break or lunch, but your metrics will even out of you are careful and know how to be mindful of your time for breaks, lunches and be efficient)

A particular member of management was not as fair as she could be because she felt her own medical problems were greater than her co worker or employees medical or personal issues and showed little compassion.

A great place to gain experience

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

You gain a lot of useful experience and the company has great core values that they try to incorporate in each team. Pays well too.

Cons

It's hard to move up - the structure is kindof flawed

Promote hard workers and listen to those under you

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!