There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great place to work! The overall environment was wonderful. The company strives to give back to the community.

Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY
Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and management was generally pleasant and fair. Many opportunities to advance if you are good at what you do, you will be recognized.

Cons

Fair company to work for if you like the call center atmosphere. (Basically, you will be penalized if you go to the bathroom when not on a break or lunch, but your metrics will even out of you are careful and know how to be mindful of your time for breaks, lunches and be efficient)

Advice to Management

A particular member of management was not as fair as she could be because she felt her own medical problems were greater than her co worker or employees medical or personal issues and showed little compassion.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My equal "grade level" co-workers were wonderful to work with. We had a great bond.

Cons

I am a creative person so I would not recommend anyone with that personality type to work in their corporate legal area. Get feedback regarding Management in dept. you are interested.

Advice to Management

Need much better communication among all levels of management to employees. I think Mr. Hemsley is working to improve that problem. I also believe he has what it takes to lead the company forward.

2. Tier 2 Escalation

Pros

nice work hours and great management

Cons

no room to move up