There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Terminated and denied disability

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefit package. Good environment for upward mobility.

Cons

Knee jerk reaction to employee complaints. Unprofessional disability "qualification" standards. (information gathering responsibility is placed upon the ill employee with no employee advocate provided). Too much emphasis was placed on "hitting the target" at the cost of "genuine" interaction with the customers/patients. Profit sharing was totally imbalanced. Delaying or denying claim payments to providers and patients.

Investigate before assigning corrective action plans. Be a healthcare company that cares for the ill employee. Value relationships as well as performance metrics. Training should promote understanding not merely robotic mimicking. Senior management should be more generous with overall company profit sharing instead of taking the "lion's share" in millions of dollars in stock options and letting the people in the trenches divide the pittance of left-overs. Please pay your claim debts in a timely manner.

reviews filtered by

I loved working here until I was laid off

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in a small department, had the best boss and coworkers. We had a terrific team with great communication. I will miss this job!! Quarterly bonuses were nice as was the accrued time off. It was about 6 weeks a year for my pay grade.

Cons

The benefits are mediocre considering the company is now owned by UHG, but the perks of matching on the 401K and stocks made up for it somewhat. Never got a raise in the 3 yrs there, not even cost of living.

I do understand why we were laid off and hold no resentment; it's just business, but we were a dedicated and hard-working group and I don't think you realize the talent that you are losing.

2. Ok

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and convenient location

Cons

Long hours although short commute

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group