1997 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Lead Clerk

Current Employee - Lead Clerk  in  Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Lead Clerk in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room to grow in future

Cons

Big company, hard to get recognized, will take a while to move into higher position.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great company for motivated individuals

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you work hard and make yourself visible to upper management you will be rewarded with raises, bonuses, and opportunities to further your career developement so you can apply for other jobs within the company.

Cons

The occassional reorganization and changes in upper management create uncertainty in job security. If you consistently perform well you generally have nothing to worry about though.

Continue your focus on rewarding performance and continue expanding the infusion of culture.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Dec 18, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks so much for your great review of UnitedHealth Group. So glad you enjoy working at a place where you can do your life's best work (SM).

Watch Your back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large company; opportunity to be a part of healthcare initiatives that affect masses of people. Salary is usually good to start, but don't expect any raises or bonuses. They are minuscule to non existent. Get as much money as you can from your initial offer.

Cons

The company is a meat grinder that expects perfect execution, a pace so fast that if your nose is not to the grindstone every second you get trampled (fired). The expectations are such that you can only look out for yourself and you must report any impropriety of your coworkers to management. If you don't and it is later revealed that you knew something, you will be disciplined or fired for violation of policy. As a result your coworkers are willing to put a knife in your back to save themselves. Great teamwork environment. This company will bleed you dry then leave you at the curb. I know this because I work in HR. I watch them do it. I have fired so many people for these things I write and more. Stay away if you value your integrity, your personal life, your ethics. I am resigning because this company has required me to be a person that I am not. I can no longer - morally or ethically - continue to operate in this manner.

Your efforts to change the culture at UHG have failed. You have put a nice little bow on it, but that doesn't change the facts that you don't treat your employees very well, although you expect them to sacrifice so much. And FYI your employee satisfaction surveys are a joke. Employees don't tell the truth on those out of fear of retaliation. The real environment is not reflected due to the culture of fear of big brother that emanates daily. Take some of your $110 billion in profits and invest in your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!