UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Lead Clerk

Current Employee - Lead Clerk in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Lead Clerk in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Room to grow in future

Cons

Big company, hard to get recognized, will take a while to move into higher position.

2165 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Watch Your back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company; opportunity to be a part of healthcare initiatives that affect masses of people. Salary is usually good to start, but don't expect any raises or bonuses. They are minuscule to non existent. Get as much money as you can from your initial offer.

Cons

The company is a meat grinder that expects perfect execution, a pace so fast that if your nose is not to the grindstone every second you get trampled (fired). The expectations are such that you can only look out for yourself and you must report any impropriety of your coworkers to management. If you don't and it is later revealed that you knew something, you will be disciplined or fired for violation of policy. As a result your coworkers are willing to put a knife in your back to save themselves. Great teamwork environment. This company will bleed you dry then leave you at the curb. I know this because I work in HR. I watch them do it. I have fired so many people for these things I write and more. Stay away if you value your integrity, your personal life, your ethics. I am resigning because this company has required me to be a person that I am not. I can no longer - morally or ethically - continue to operate in this manner.

Your efforts to change the culture at UHG have failed. You have put a nice little bow on it, but that doesn't change the facts that you don't treat your employees very well, although you expect them to sacrifice so much. And FYI your employee satisfaction surveys are a joke. Employees don't tell the truth on those out of fear of retaliation. The real environment is not reflected due to the culture of fear of big brother that emanates daily. Take some of your $110 billion in profits and invest in your employees.

Good Experience

Former Employee - Sales Director
    Former Employee - Sales Director

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is good and competitive.

Cons

Lack of career growth opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group