Its okay

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people at the site I work in

Cons

No work life balance, worst Medical Benefits Ive ever had

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Accountant in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Accountant in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, promote from within

Cons

unbalance work load, industry instability.

**"Iceberg!"** Failure to innovate, failure to communicate, not enough lifeboats!

Former Employee - Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people (at least in my department), laid-back work environment, freedom to submit ideas (though usually unheeded), free coffee, all the soda you could ever ask for, super high deductible insurance, loads of sugar available in the kitchens, diet mountain dew, high-calorie lunch Wednesdays, fun company-wide guessing games, tons of denials stacking up, a once great holiday party...

Cons

No vision, lack of direction, little innovation beyond core products developed years ago, arbitrary goal-setting, inability to foresee impact of regulation changes on business model, complacent attitude toward position in marketplace ("the authority"), blithe and reactionary business practices, obdurate, foolhardy decision-making.... This company once had a very entrepreneurial environment. They treated their employees with respect and valued hard work. When the company was sold, the employees were left with an inexperienced management group that couldn't navigate off the original course when there was clearly a giant 1599-shaped iceberg in plain view. Instead of proactively changing the business model while they had time to plan, the prevailing sentiment was, "I hope this doesn't happen, maybe it won't happen, but, if it does happen, they will still need our services". Unfortunately, the services only provided value in a specific environment (if they did at all). Now the hospital systems are leaving because they are done buying fertilizer. Things could have been different, but too many factors are working against them. I wish everyone still there good luck and hope they can make it out ok.

Advice to Management

Look out below