UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

I really enjoyed my staff, peers and leadership of the company. I loved my job.

Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsCompany mission statement, the integrity of the customer service, and the work ethics of the entry level to mid management employees. Salary, all other benefits except medical benefits.

ConsThe upper leadership was more worried about the stockholder and the board of directors then the employees that were making the company successful for the stockholders and board of directors. The company became too corporate like the banks are. The amount of money the top 10 employees of the company make way too much money, compared to their workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you cut the budget of the staff that is speaking to your customers year after year may end up being a mistake. When you have a team that 90% of the team is exceeding in all the goals of the department but because of the budget some of those staff members that have been there a long time do not get a merit increase is wrong. Especially when the ungodly amount of bonus the CEO received was publish in a newspaper that was sent around the entry level staff of the company. Yes he did what he said he was going to do in his 5 year plan, but some of that money could have gone to the employees that put up with all the changes and screw ups that got him there. Also you have business going off shore that I believe legally should not be going off shore. This may also come back to hurt this company which is too bad because it really was not a bad company to work for. I was laid off due to budget cuts which was a business decision that I understand. But I still have a lot of friends in the company and I do not want them impacted by this possible legal and ethical issue.

dissappointing

Pharmacy Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: 401k with company match good amount of pto life insurance health beneits Cons: no raise for 2 years. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Training and mentors. Opportunity to work behind-the-scenes without any… Cons: Strictly computer work. Low pay. Change is slow but inevitable. Advancement opportunities… Advice to Senior Management: Offer higher pay to individuals with a college degree. Offer higher pay period. It's not fair to pay people in Eau Claire, WI… More
There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!