UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Poor leadership and wasted health-care dollars

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paychecks, although small (for performance-level employees), arrive on time and don't bounce.

Cons

Health benefits are poor, and vision benefits are even worse.
Instability, poor planning, and continual outsourcing resulted in employees arriving at work to find their jobs were transferred to India overnight.
Countless incompatible computer systems are loaded with bugs and data discrepancies, due to UHG buying up every small competitor to become a near-monopoly.
Bottom-feeding to hire the cheapest possible employees, and then promoting from within, has produced the expected (poor) quality of middle management.
Paying over $50,000,000 to "key" executives while scrimping on employee compensation has resulted in a situation where a bumbling "Beaker" can report directly to a COO.
Turnover was unexpectedly high, due to new employees leaving as soon as possible.

Cheapest is not always best. Bottom-feeding to hire the cheapest employees who are then promoted into management can explain much of the reason middle management is so stunningly deficient. In fact, one wonders if middle managers even know how to spell "MBA". In the current economy, plenty of competent, educated, and seasoned managers are available. Swap out your failed middle managers for professional managers with *successful* experience.

2329 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

United healthcare in frederick md

Current Employee - Senior Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills...close to home....ur able to transfer within but only if ur stats are great

Cons

Favoritism happens all the time...supervisors are rude and are never available when you need them...the company keeps training the reps for more and more things without more compensation

One of the best employers to work for, and I will gladly go back and work for them anytime!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is always available for you to speak to and that was a big deal for me. The company before barely even recognized their employees and this was a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I don't think I had one, I truly loved going to work for this company. I only left because I became engaged and he lived in California so I had to move to be with my fiancé. I left on good terms and I miss them.

Keep doing what you are doing, your employees love it

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group