There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

My experience with this company is neutral really.

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

time off is great, work-life balance I would say is pretty good most of the time (except during crunch times)

Cons

I feel that the departments were cliquish and singled out employees that didn't conform to whatever standards they had, obsessed with numbers and statistics (which can be good and bad), managers will sometimes show favoritism, a lot of gossiping and interdepartmental dating. Also I believe that people "horded" information in order to get and stay ahead.

Make department information easily available (i.e. having the training department put up all training docs on a SharePoint or website so that all can obtain) including any new announcements, process', etc and making sure that employees that know a certain thing are sharing the information among the rest of the staff.

2001 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Provider Claims Resolution Specialist  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Provider Claims Resolution Specialist in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are in a growing department, there is a lot of room for growth. I know that the supervisors are a good source of information in regards to job postings. They are really good about helping you know what you qualify for and making sure you are prepared for them.

Cons

Communication between the floor and upper management needs work. They announce changes on the fly, and many times it is "sink or swim" in regards to the changes. Also, it is definitely a company where it pays to have a good relationship with upper management. If you don't, you won't last long.

Easy Going

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I worked through a contract with another company from United (Optum Health) great company, pay is well, and very professional

Cons

Seasonal job. Gets really slow during the winter and summer

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!