UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Pros used to outweigh the Cons, and now the Cons are just too big

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As many people have said, you will find some of the smartest, hardest working people at United. The pace is intense, frantic, and urgent at all times. The variety of jobs available, due to the size of United, is really great. I think there is great opportunity for people from supervisors through directors. Also, the company is doing well from a market perspective. I was also very satisfied with financial rewards for high performers. I was United's biggest champion for more than 10 years.

Cons

Above the director level, it is an old boys club. More concerning, over the past few years, I saw a culture of people being afraid to speak the truth to authority figures. At higher levels, people are now operating out of fear and self protection. United also has a strategy of pitting departments and companies against each other in competitions to try to get the best performance. I guess this isn't a con if you like that sort of thing. While it might work in the end result, it is really frustrating and inefficient if you're trying to get your job done.

If, and only if, you really want to know why things are inefficient or why certain things fail, ask the people doing the work and be open to the truth.

2165 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Sinking ship

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Reliable hours, clear understanding of whats expected of you

Cons

Job growth and stability of position questionable as more company cutbacks liquidate departments and positions. No communication from corporate to explain these cut backs. Health benefits are lacking ( for an insurance company), verty linear options for advancement.

Start reading the reviews on here, become clearer with your employee's about job cuts and other spending cuts.

Provider Representative

Current Employee - PPR in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - PPR in Richardson, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There aren't any. This company this on the worst list.

Cons

Can't get time off calls are coming in so fast you can't take a sip of water, Mangers watch your every move Micro Managing emails sent everyday about your personal time you only get 7minutes per day. The bathroom is a 1/2 mile walk.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group