There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Mixed Feelings with United Health Group Employment

Current Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Working from home. Benefits package is excellent.

Cons

Top down management who treat employees with a lack of regard. Lack of acknowledgement on a daily basis.

They should make an effort to treat employees with dignity, respect, and as professionals. Avoid sending groups of employees emails in which the inappropriate use of terseness and lack of regard for staff as they would wish to be treated. Need to educate managers on leadership trends in today's world, then follow through to encourage employees to speak up. Also, soliciting ideas from employee's would be beneficial for the company. We have great ideas. Nobody wants to hear them. Ultimately, member satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and fiscal health would be the results.

reviews filtered by

Big Company - Big Ego - Big Problems Ahead

Former Employee - Human Resources Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

If you like to be told what to do, how to do it, and why you are doing it..... If you are early in your career and looking to gain experience.

Cons

Super-sized organization with super-sized egos and very little focus on people. Throughout the acquision process our organization was treated like an unwelcome second cousin and this approach translates directly to the way they treat thier customers and how the organization is perceived by clients.

Walk the talk! Take a hard look at the kind of leaders you are developing. Don't rely upon technology to solve all your problems. Invest more in your people and do it an way which uses techngoly to enable - not to dominate and control.

2. The truth as I see it.

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

We really try to beat the stereotype of the big bad insurance company. I feel good about going to work every day as I know that I am empowered to help people. I have never seen a claim denied just because we are trying to save money. We have policies that are laid out that dictate how we pay claims, all of them based on medical evidence, not the bottom line.

Cons

In a company this big communication between departments is very difficult. If I have to get work somewhere it can take a long time to get it back, this affects my ablity to help the people that contact me.

Wake up, we need to focus on the customer and provider relationship, once we do that the money will follow.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group