UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

For a healthcare company they lack good coverage

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

A good portion of the people are great to work with. I found that at the individual division level and below, people function quite well and work together quite nicely. Once you move to the broader senior leadership, things start to fall apart.

Cons

Bad economic times lead to massive cuts but they still expect the same level of work. They should split the company back into its individual lines of business. They have their fingers in too many pots to keep a singular vision going. The one part of the company that I'm most worried about is UHC--they are going to drive the whole thing into the ground!

Stop worrying about your bank account and start leading hte company. Split the company back into its individual lines of business and stop trying to force corporate ideals on such a diverse group.

2165 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Don't Slight Creativity

Former Employee - Research in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Research in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The work is very challenging and can be rewarding. There are many really gifted, talented people who work there. My manager was a very wonderful, intelligent woman who was quite inspirational. There are always opportunities to grow at UnitedHealth; I enjoyed the fact that my company was developing products that helped people (Medicare/Medicaid products), and that I was contributing to that process.

Cons

UnitedHealth is not a fun environment; although the company talked of innovation, they don't really understand it. It's a stressful place to work; there is not much smiling or laughter. No one takes breaks and everyone works through lunch. Althougth the company is concerned about work/life balance, no one knows how to achieve it.

Foster innovation and creativity! Think outside the box; try something new and different!

UnitedHealth Group is a dishonest company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

You do have the opportunity to learn many new skills because you are required to do so many things without proper training and you have to figure out how to get this done.

Cons

The management. They are dishonest, disrespectful, unethical, have no value to the customers much less employees. It was very challenging working for a company knowing they were violating laws and regulations that impacted consumers but yet if you made mention of this you were in jeopardy of losing your job, reassigned to work as a "punishment" for speaking out, degraded and humiliated to your peers by management.

You are not that powerful. Sooner or later there will be enough feedback getting to the appropriate people outside of UHC who will intervene and put a stop to this. Currently, it is not possible for an employee to be heard or supported within the company for any issue they have. They have to go outside and take it to a legal arena which involves a great deal of time and money that very few people have but if enough employees speak out, eventually someone will listen.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group