There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

change jobs every 2-3 years interally or externally.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

good support on professional growth and documentation and knowledge sharing.

Cons

with such a large company, it is hard to get your compensation up to market. might be best to find a job offer if you want your compensation to be at market level

really need to think about retaining and foster good talent.

2070 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Large company in a growing industry that affects all of us. You can really get your arms around what you each day to how it relates to the bigger picture.

Cons

Very large company, visibility is limited when working from home. Can be very political and at times work/life balance is challenging.

Lead by example with the work/life balance as well as transparency

Unhealthy work environment for a healthcare company, but it's a job.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

They offer 23 days off per year. Health insurance is cheap. I pay about $35 every two weeks for health insurance for my child and myself. Those who make less than $50,000 per year only pay $5. Everyone gets a laptop, and I can work at home if I have car trouble, the weather is bad, etc.

Cons

Like I said, the time off is awesome. The trick, however, is taking it. Many of my coworkers let their time off expire due to demanding work schedules. I take my time, and it will probably count against me at the end of the year. If you leave the company, you don't get paid for time not taken.

Insurance is cheap, but you have to fight to get dental claims paid.

The environment is extremely unhealthy for a healthcare company. The restroom is so far away some days I don't go at all. Working 10-12 hours per day under extreme deadlines can create serious insomnia and nightmares. The desks are not ergonomically correct and can create back, shoulder, and elbow pain not previously experienced. The stress can cause you to lose weight, which can be good, but my doctor told me to stop losing weight.

Too much emphasis is put on diversity. Choose the right person for the job regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, lifestyle, etc.

Take responsibility!! Yes, it is up to the underlings to do their job, but we only work under your direction. When you're in charge of a new project, plan ahead. You can't test a system after it goes live. Think about the tasks before you ask us to do them. It's very frustrating to get halfway through a project just for you to change your mind. And it's worse to spend 10 hours a day on a project and complete it just for you to decide that's not what you really wanted.

It's not necessary to micromanage every employee. If a project is due at 2:00 pm tomorrow, we know this. Every time you ask how it's going, the interruption takes us away from the project and just makes it take longer. We will let you know if we need help from you.

Know how to do what your employees are doing. How can you manage people if you have no clue how to do what they are doing? There is nobody to do my job if I am out, so please plan for that.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group