There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Good stable company, the pay is competitive, the opportunity to work from home exists, benifits are geat compared to other places i have worked for and managment has been very good to me.

Cons

The only thing i do not like so much is the hours other than than i can not complain.

I am not directly involved with them, but they seem to be doing a good job, keep up the good work.

2066 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Company in need of new leadership

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

UHG/UHC is flexible with employee work hours and allows employees to work remotely (from home). It's great to be able to flex your schedule around rush hour and work from home as needed.

Cons

1) Communication within the company is poor. Senior management tries to give the "appearance" of communication, but there is no trickle down of communication by department management. 2) Employees are not valued-they are treated like a commodity. Creativity and competency are not encouraged. 3) The company's ethics are questionable.

1) Human Capital personnel are worthless (most of them). Fire them. 2) Don't lay off talented employees-lay off the employees who are dead wood. Talented employees will get the job done for you- the dead wood will not. 3) Get close to your customers and really understand what's happening in the marketplace. Get out of Minneapolis and into the field. 4) Treat employees as if they are your most valuable asset.

It looks good on your resume.

Current Employee - Anonymous But Senior in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous But Senior in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Its a great place to have on your resume. In my division, we work hard but have a reasonable work life balance.

Cons

Pay is average to low for most positions. Recognition does occur but related compensation is low. Project capital is frequently cut but instead of cancelling projects, they strip functionality to the point of being a worthless release. Sr IT leadership appears to be a good old boy netwrok with recent promotions and consoidation of rolls that are traditionally checks and balances (read CIO/COO) it is leaving various divisions in an extremely precarious position. Questioning, even in a constructive way, is met with hostility and, often, backlash. Sr. IT management of certain divisions lead by fear.

I do not expect micromanagement but I do expect the leadership of the various divisions to be adequately monitored and held to high expectations. The recent consolidation of power with certain orgs have removed the natural checks and balances and have effectively removed escalation paths. This is dangerous and unacceptable for a company of this size and complexity.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group