UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

A solid company where you working alongside very smart and dedicated people.

Former Employee - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

* Great talent, you learn from interacting with very capable people
* At the forefront of telecommuting opportunities, flexible work schedules and the like
* Great communication system keeping employees throughout this $90B company closely connected
* Excellent PTO allowance (23 days + 8 legal holidays)
* Decent pay and solid medical benefits (including a generous discount if you pass a yearly biometrics test and get wellness counseling for those you don't pass)

Cons

* Poor on-boarding process, very little training (sink or swim approach)
* Some managers (being brought up in the sink or swim environment) do not develop their people well
* Expectations are high but many times resources are severly limited and the right tools may be available, but either your boss doesn't know about them or no one knows how to use them.

* Many people have left either due to lack of development or poor internal recruting, career path
* Develop a better on-boarding process, specifically in getting to know the company and its many segments, business lines, etc. Some people have worked at UHG for years and have no idea what sister segment A does or what a specific product/service really is.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

do not take any of your reviews to heart

Former Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

very good insurance, reasonable rates
    have some down time a few minutes every couple of hours on certain days which is better than other call centers where the calls are steady, during that time you can do what you want with it

Cons

the company is never satisfied with your work, once you meet the goal you are put on the next goal to better it. It is never ending trying to acheive things that are not in your control. Very hard to meet their quotas, unrealistic expectations. Have a monthly meeting and always being told what needs improving. It is a job that you will never be good always making new quotas for you to obtain. Very stressful. Most of the supervisors are extremely unprofessional.

Great job if you enjoy helping others, not so much if you expect others you work with to be professional.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

You get to help those on Disability and/or Senior Citizens with their Prescription Drug Plans. It's very rewarding to speak to a member who needs help and to be able to provide them the assitance they need so they are happy and comfortable.

Cons

Hardly anyone that works there has pride in themselves, or the job they do. Extensive training for this job, but you still don't learn everything and they expect you to know everything once you get out on the call floor. If you mess up just a little bit you can lose your job, if you get sick - you could lose your job. I do not feel comfortable going to work each day that I will leave still having a job.

I've repeatedly seen blatent disregards for rules and activities that we were told initially were immediately fireable offenses - where if you are the right person it is overlooked. Need to treat your employees better - not as if we are disposable! Use us during the busy times then toss us aside when you are done with us.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group