UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

The people are great, the policies leave a lot to be desired.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Salary and compensation is market competitive if not better. I am given the tools I need to excel in my job. My specific manager is a very hands-off, anti micro management person, and lots of other coworkers of my pay grade report the same thing with their managers. The benefits package is the best I have ever received in either contract/consulting or FTE positions. MY manager is always willing to be flexible with scheduling when situations arise caring for my special needs son. My coworkers are pleasant and respectful, and there is a mutual willingness to help out when problems arise for myself or others.

Cons

The size of the company necessitates an inordinate amount of compartmentalization. This makes larger problems that are out of my realm of influence, often difficult to resolve. It also removes ANY need for pragmatism in the workplace. You do the letter of your job duties, whether they are needed or not. It isn't up to you to decide what needs to be done, it is only up to you do do what you are told. I have often had to do things that were completely unnecessary because it wasn't my place to say "do we REALLY need to do this in this situation?" The answer always comes back to "corporate security policy states you need to, no matter what, in every case without fail, so do it".

I have no feedback at this time

2165 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Good start up place to work with good Paid time off

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I get fair amount of paid time off as the first year employee. I am able to flex my working hour and get comps days. In general, it is a good start-up job with some training on the job if you are lucky to have a knowledgeable manager who is willing to teach.

Cons

There may be a lot of urgent projects and you are given a limited time to finish them. Maybe a little stressful.

Need more feedbacks on employee's performance and recognition. Want to know more about the direction where the company is going

United ???? Health Group

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The company offers good benefits to employees. Individual management seems to be allowed substantial latitiude in how they operated.

Cons

UHG is huge. The good news is there are lots of resources; the bad news is they generally are not available. The company is an incalculable number of minor fiefdoms all looking do the minimum necessary to survive. Innovation is stifled by middle management seeking to maintain the status quo.

Make your people responsible for performance of core competencies, not for trying to be a profit center.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group