There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

The people are great, the policies leave a lot to be desired.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Salary and compensation is market competitive if not better. I am given the tools I need to excel in my job. My specific manager is a very hands-off, anti micro management person, and lots of other coworkers of my pay grade report the same thing with their managers. The benefits package is the best I have ever received in either contract/consulting or FTE positions. MY manager is always willing to be flexible with scheduling when situations arise caring for my special needs son. My coworkers are pleasant and respectful, and there is a mutual willingness to help out when problems arise for myself or others.

Cons

The size of the company necessitates an inordinate amount of compartmentalization. This makes larger problems that are out of my realm of influence, often difficult to resolve. It also removes ANY need for pragmatism in the workplace. You do the letter of your job duties, whether they are needed or not. It isn't up to you to decide what needs to be done, it is only up to you do do what you are told. I have often had to do things that were completely unnecessary because it wasn't my place to say "do we REALLY need to do this in this situation?" The answer always comes back to "corporate security policy states you need to, no matter what, in every case without fail, so do it".

Advice to Management

I have no feedback at this time

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good company with a solid offer for employees

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Decent Wages, Flexible hours, and very good insurence. Ten holiday a year. 3 weeks PTO to for new hires. The work is work and as such not terribly enjoyable but the benifits more then make up for it. They even have a program to let employees who meet certain standards work from home.

Cons

Very demanding goals. Most of them are reasonalbe but a few seem to be stricter then is neccessary.

Advice to Management

I think for the most part things are heading in the right direction. They care about there customers opinions. The have high standards for there employees but most are not unreasonable. They have a fairly comprehensive training style that combines a class like atmosphere and on the job training.

2. Good start up place to work with good Paid time off

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I get fair amount of paid time off as the first year employee. I am able to flex my working hour and get comps days. In general, it is a good start-up job with some training on the job if you are lucky to have a knowledgeable manager who is willing to teach.

Cons

There may be a lot of urgent projects and you are given a limited time to finish them. Maybe a little stressful.

Advice to Management

Need more feedbacks on employee's performance and recognition. Want to know more about the direction where the company is going