UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

Getting better, but still a ways to go!

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsUHG offers a good PTO program in that most jobs start with 23 days a year. The downside is that if you leave the company you don't get paid out for your PTO time accrued, however if you have used more than accrued you pay the company. Seems a little one-sided to me. The other thing I like about UHG is that there are always plenty of advancement opportunities within the company. They are sometimes hard to get because you are competing with other internal and external candidates.

ConsWork/Life balance has not always been a priority, but it is getting better. Our medical benefits are less than desirable. Charge me a little more for good coverage and I'll gladly pay it. Wearing a "choke collar" all day is a thing of the past for people that sit in a cubicle all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment that encourges employee involvement and allow employees to make a mistake once in a while. It will yield engaged employees that take pride and ownership in what they do.

Good place, depending on your expectations from the job and willingness to create opportunities.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros: Salary, benefits, time off. Excellent group of people to work with. Better than any organization I have worked for. Lack of politics… Cons: Risk averse culture, large slow-moving company. Advice to Senior Management: Trim the fat. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good company with a solid offer for employees

Claims Processor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros: Decent Wages, Flexible hours, and very good insurence. Ten holiday a year. 3 weeks PTO to for new hires. The work is work and as… Cons: Very demanding goals. Most of them are reasonalbe but a… Advice to Senior Management: I think for the most part things are heading in the right direction. They care about there customers opinions. The have high standards for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!