UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Getting better, but still a ways to go!

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

UHG offers a good PTO program in that most jobs start with 23 days a year. The downside is that if you leave the company you don't get paid out for your PTO time accrued, however if you have used more than accrued you pay the company. Seems a little one-sided to me. The other thing I like about UHG is that there are always plenty of advancement opportunities within the company. They are sometimes hard to get because you are competing with other internal and external candidates.

Cons

Work/Life balance has not always been a priority, but it is getting better. Our medical benefits are less than desirable. Charge me a little more for good coverage and I'll gladly pay it. Wearing a "choke collar" all day is a thing of the past for people that sit in a cubicle all day.

Create an environment that encourges employee involvement and allow employees to make a mistake once in a while. It will yield engaged employees that take pride and ownership in what they do.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Good place, depending on your expectations from the job and willingness to create opportunities.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Salary, benefits, time off. Excellent group of people to work with. Better than any organization I have worked for. Lack of politics amongst peers, and people are willing to help out and go the extra mile. Opportunities to get involved in many different things if you are willing to pursue them.

Cons

Risk averse culture, large slow-moving company.

Trim the fat.

UHG is just too big

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Good salary, good work/life balance, good benefits (kind of), good access to busines software training, potential internal career opportunities

Cons

Too specialized, lack of information between groups, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

Open up the communication line between groups.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group