There are newer employer reviews for Unitrends

A Growing Company with a Great Product and an Exceptional Culture.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Backup and Recovery is a great place to be right now. The industry was dominated by Backup Exec for years, but their strangle hold has vanished due to their inability to move from a D2T focus to a more modern D2D2X(Disk, Cloud, Tape). The result is a wide open market with huge portion of customers unhappy with their current solution. Unitrends fits nicely into the space with one of the most robust products at one of the lower price points. Management has invested heavily in providing the sales staff with the tools they need to hit their goals which are aggressive, but reachable. The overall culture in the office is strong. The one star reviews are spread over last year, but must have been employees in 2011 (the year the office was opened) if culture or poor management was a concern.

Cons

Sales is Sales, which means that stress will always be a factor. The vast majority of Account Managers that have left have gone on to non-sales positions which generally means that it wasn't the company, but rather the role they didn't like. If you don’t enjoy sales then you likely will not make it, but if you do then you have a very good shot at making decent money.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep investing in your employees. Keep promoting from within. Keep investing in the product.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, unparalleled benefits, and the greatest employee appreciation I've seen. Relationship with upper management is very intimate and open-door. I've never been employed anywhere I've gotten to sit down personally with the CEO and discuss the company's goals, challenges, and issues. Needless to say I was moved and appreciative to have this opportunity at Unitrends.

Cons

I can't think of one con about working at Unitrends.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The amount of employee appreciation and recognition makes it very easy to give this company my all! I look forward to the exciting growth and opportunity that awaits both Unitrends and myself in the near future.

I love this company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am in sales and love the energy Customers love the product We have great engineers

Cons

growing fast, so can be stressfull

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work