Unitrin

www.kempercorporation.com
  www.kempercorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unitrin

Unitrin is a GREAT place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Unitrin

Pros

flexible with schedule and great income. I can make my own schedule, my own calendar, I have unlimited income potential. The leadership is very friendly, approachable, and will listen to what we have to say.

Cons

not a lot of room for advancement. I am much more successful than anyone else in the company and yet others are being promoted when they whine and complain.... If you want to be really successful with Unitrin, you have to put 100% into the company and you really have no time off. I give every single day of the year to the company and have seen success because of that.

promote based on results. Look at the actual results, the progress made, the promises kept, and whoever is actually achieving what you ask for - you need to promote that person to upper executive management.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Unitrin (View Most Recent)

NOT a good place to work.

Current Employee - Agent in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Unitrin

Pros

No one breathing down your neck about your time. It's nice to be able to schedule your time as needed. Allows for time with family more often than some jobs.

Cons

LOW pay. No feedback or help to employees when needed. Home office is awful. When changes are made that affect the agents pay, nothing is done by the company to help them out. Pay contract is not in the best interest of the agent. Appears to be just as bad for Staff Managers as well.

Provide for your employees when you make changes that affect them.

Good Pay & Benefits, Lousy Management

Former Employee - Customer Service in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Vista, CA

I worked at Unitrin

Pros

Compensation and benefits were very good. There are many opportunities for bonus and overtime.

Cons

Lack of leadership from management. Revolving door of management. Failure to promote from qualified candidates within Unitrin Direct Vista office to management positions. Favoritism from managers toward certain employees, including pill-popping Supervisors.
    While bonus was attainable if you worked for it, the goal was changed several times a year. At one point the company changed bonus structure to a goal no one could reach, therefore no one made bonus. Company realized this was a problem and changed goal again, but not retroactively. ie Company admitted goal was unattainable, and screwed everybody out of bonus.

Appreciate your rank and file employees, who deal with your customers and represent your business! Drug test everyone, including your management.

There are newer employer reviews for Unitrin