Unitrin
www.kempercorporation.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work, as long as the company stays in business.

Programmer (Former Employee)
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Unitrin full-time

ProsCompetitive Salaries. Welcoming atmosphere. Knowledgeable colleagues who are always willing to help you out. Plenty of time to work on each project. Very reasonable deadlines. A lot of advance notice given about company restructuring. Genuinely cares about the well-being of their employees. Eight hour days with flexible hours. Many learning opportunities.

ConsCurrently going through a lot of company restructuring. Jobs are not very secure right now. This is a small Insurance company that is unable to compete with giants like Geico, Progressive, etc. Doesn't allow for much upward mobility.

Great company to work for

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Unitrin

Pros: great work-life balance; opportunities for travel Cons: unfairness in promotion; not much advancement No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting place to work....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Unitrin

Pros: Overall,the people are very nice. Cons: Micromanagement! In addition, there is clearly no opportunity for career… Advice to Senior Management: It's so important to let the employees know what direction… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Unitrin.

Worked for Unitrin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unitrin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unitrin CEO Don Southwell. All reviews posted anonymously by Unitrin employees.