Unitrin

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Current Employee - Accountant
Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Unitrin

Pros

*Management seems to be well in control of what is going on and how to run the company. Salaries are respectable.
*The ability to learn and grow under the right leadership.

Cons

*Mundane.
*Raises have been cut but keep up with normal inflation.
*All functional areas of the company have very different, clique-like working styles and can cause conflict.

You don't need to yell to accomplish something, you don't need to be petty, you don't need hold frustration in for a couple weeks and then let it out because you have personal problems... We all have personal issues. Just be honest, open and willing to share knowledge. Trust and respect will follow.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Unitrin (View Most Recent)

unitrin career agencies

I worked at Unitrin

Pros

great benefits are the only thing that redeems this job. there really are no other pros at all. run away fast!

Cons

dangerous neighborhoods, a lot of out of pocket expense on the agents. near impossible sales goals and agents are penalized for things that are well beyond the scope of their control. management is inconsistent and often lies. and the pay is only a fraction of what other companies pay. hours were literally 24/7. i was "on call" all the time, and actually worked in the field a minimum of 10 hours a day. the neighborhoods i serviced were dangerous and i was robbed twice.when i deducted the mileage and out of pocket expenses from my pay (even when my pay was pretty decent) i was still bringing home well below minimum wage.

a complete restructuring of your pay scale and business model is the only way to save this dying company.

Unitrin is pretty good

I have been working at Unitrin

Pros

good pay for work but tough place to get ahead. i like that i can help determine my own salary by working extra hard.

Cons

they really do not communicate very well with the employees. the company only cares about the bottom line and not at all about the people that work here.

it sure would be helpful if senior management was more forthcoming with the average joe on the ground. it would be nice to hear more from them.

There are newer employer reviews for Unitrin