Unity Technologies
unity3d.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

It was good, but could have been so much better.

Channel Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsPros are friendly people, a great CEO, smart people, good lunches, nice conferences, good travel support.

ConsPolitics now need to be managed better as the company is growing so fast and inter and intra group dynamics could be nicer. The sales team folks are set up to compete against each other and the channels - which is a bit bizarre.

There is also no process for career development or job sharing across divisions to stimulate employee growth. Management from overseas occasionally tries to manage directly, but does not understand the nitty-gritty of the dog eat dog sales world the employees on the sales team live with and manage every day.

The vision of the company and it's investors, and tactics to reach the vision is too short term for most of their business development managers to get the deals the company needs longer term (after 3-5 years out).

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your sales team asap as it's unbalanced with weak, but aggressive commission focused, inexperienced people on one side, but with stellar biz dev folks who are being kept behind the race horse gate on the other side. Move all sales management to SF, to avoid unnecessary miscommunication which runs rampant thru the various sales and marketing teams.

The best company I have worked for by a long shot.

(Current Employee)
    Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Incredibly friendly environment - It seems to be part of Unity's hiring policy that you can only get a job here if you are not… Cons: Pay - I am paid enough to survive and be fairly comfortable. However, if I was to join another company doing a similar job,… Advice to Senior Management: I have written more in Cons than Pros. This is not an accurate reflection of how I feel about this company. It's an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you love Unity, work in the Denmark office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Unity Technologies as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The Copenhagen office is an excellent place for engineers to solve extremely hard problems and… Cons: Unity the company is not always well organized in my experience. The different offices… Advice to Senior Management: Cheers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Unity Technologies.

Worked for Unity Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unity Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unity Technologies CEO David Helgason. All reviews posted anonymously by Unity Technologies employees.