Unity Technologies

unity3d.com

A great company that is growing fast

Test Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Work with passionate, talented people who care about the product, from the newest intern to the CEO.

- Treated like an adult, given latitude to make decisions within your purview and plan your own workday.

- Great work environment. No suit and tie! He//, no shoes (shirt required though, please). Drink beer on the job (just don't spill on the keyboard, please). Work whatever hours you want (within reason).

- ZERO crunch.

- FAFF (Fridays Are For Fun). Time permitting, you're allowed to work on a project of your choice and often the last part of the day is a party, everything from go-cart races to beer drinking.

- Great relationship with customers. They appreciate the democratization of games the engine provides and the passion of the crew, and respond in kind.

Cons- Repetitive work (but I knew this going into the job).

- As with most jobs in the game industry, the pay isn't what you'll get on the outside. But you're working in the game industry, and you'll never hate going to work in the morning!

- No matching 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, some bureaucracy (the dreaded b-word!) is going to have to be instituted. Small company management doesn't scale to 500+ employees.

It was good, but could have been so much better.

Channel Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pros are friendly people, a great CEO, smart people, good… Cons: Politics now need to be managed better as the company is growing so fast and inter and intra group dynamics could be nicer. The sales… Advice to Senior Management: Clean up your sales team asap as it's unbalanced with weak, but aggressive commission focused, inexperienced people on one side, but with stellar biz… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The best company I have worked for by a long shot.

(Current Employee) Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Incredibly friendly environment - It seems to be part of Unity's hiring policy that you can only get a job here if you are not… Cons: Pay - I am paid enough to survive and be fairly comfortable. However, if I was to join another company doing a similar job,… Advice to Senior Management: I have written more in Cons than Pros. This is not an accurate reflection of how I feel about this company. It's an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Unity Technologies.

Worked for Unity Technologies? Contribute to the Community!