Univar
www.univar.com Redmond, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It used to be a really good company but since the Private Equity firms bought Univar, it has not been a good experience.

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

I have been working at Univar full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company still values and treats the customer as royalty which is the key to the success of the company. The employees are still hard working and care immensely about the company and their coworkers.

ConsThe company expects more and more from their Full Time Employees without adequate compensation. They pay their contractors and consultants an enormous amount of money, while giving their FTE's the minimal in compensation increases. Their big ERP Project is costly and inefficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the employees fairly and stop expecting them to work 60-80 hour weeks.

Truck driver

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I worked at Univar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Company to work for Cons: Local Supervisors need more training Advice to Senior Management: Better training for supervisors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very Political

BIS (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

I have been working at Univar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great compensation Hard working line management Customer focus Cons: Overworked staff Good Old Boy Network - extremely political Performance… Advice to Senior Management: Lose some of the VPs and get more doers. The organization is top heavy with clueless VPs. Too many parallel initiatives, and employees are being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Univar.

Worked for Univar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Univar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Univar CEO J. Erik Fyrwald. All reviews posted anonymously by Univar employees.