Universal Avionics
www.uasc.com Tucson, AZ 150 to 499 Employees

Excellent work environment and plenty of opportunities.

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsI first started at Universal Avionics as an intern and my experience there far exceeded my expectations. My manager was a mentor and turned the internship into a true learning experience by making me feel free to ask questions and by helping me work through problems I encountered. Even as an intern, the work I did was enjoyable and I knew that the company would benefit from it. I left the company to complete my degree and decided to return as a full-time software engineer.

The company works hard to ensure happiness of their employees by making sure they have everything they need to make their job enjoyable. The benefits are great and there are opportunities to move around and work on a variety of projects so that you do not feel stuck working on one thing for your entire career (unless that is your desire). The people are also very nice, fun and pleasant to work with.

The management is generally quite flexible with hours. As long as you are there during the core time of the day and have a consistent schedule, you can choose your start and end time.

ConsThe nature of the avionics industry is that there are many regulations that have to be followed before products can be released. This can sometimes make the process seem slow, but it is intended to be thorough and complete.

I love working at UASC, the people and work environment are great.

Manager, Administration (Current Employee)
    Duluth, GA

I have been working at Universal Avionics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I've been at UASC for 16 years. I feel our senior management is wonderful. There is a very 'open door' feeling where questions… Cons: I'm feeling pretty generous right now and can't think of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, okay employer.

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
    Duluth, GA

I have been working at Universal Avionics full-time

Pros: Great family environment. Excellent camaraderie between employees. Cons: Upper management seems to favor specific company locations. Not a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Treat all employees equally. Reward performance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Universal Avionics.

Worked for Universal Avionics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Avionics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Universal Avionics CEO Ted Naimer. All reviews posted anonymously by Universal Avionics employees.