Universal Avionics

www.uasc.com
  www.uasc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Avionics

Excellent work environment and plenty of opportunities.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Universal Avionics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I first started at Universal Avionics as an intern and my experience there far exceeded my expectations. My manager was a mentor and turned the internship into a true learning experience by making me feel free to ask questions and by helping me work through problems I encountered. Even as an intern, the work I did was enjoyable and I knew that the company would benefit from it. I left the company to complete my degree and decided to return as a full-time software engineer.

The company works hard to ensure happiness of their employees by making sure they have everything they need to make their job enjoyable. The benefits are great and there are opportunities to move around and work on a variety of projects so that you do not feel stuck working on one thing for your entire career (unless that is your desire). The people are also very nice, fun and pleasant to work with.

The management is generally quite flexible with hours. As long as you are there during the core time of the day and have a consistent schedule, you can choose your start and end time.

Cons

The nature of the avionics industry is that there are many regulations that have to be followed before products can be released. This can sometimes make the process seem slow, but it is intended to be thorough and complete.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Avionics (View Most Recent)

I love working at UASC, the people and work environment are great.

Current Employee - Manager, Administration in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Manager, Administration in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Universal Avionics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at UASC for 16 years. I feel our senior management is wonderful. There is a very 'open door' feeling where questions are always welcome. They have set long and short term goals for the company and work hard to keep reaching those goals.
    I enjoy the people I work with and feel very close to most of them. They work hard and have that sometimes hard to find quality work ethic.

Cons

I'm feeling pretty generous right now and can't think of the cons. I'll return as soon as I have something.

Great people, okay employer.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Universal Avionics full-time

Pros

Great family environment. Excellent camaraderie between employees.

Cons

Upper management seems to favor specific company locations. Not a lot of value placed on performing well (no performance based raises in years).

Treat all employees equally. Reward performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Avionics