Universal Consulting Services

www.universal-inc.net
  www.universal-inc.net
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Consulting Services

Excellent growth opportunity for hard working individuals

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Universal Consulting Services

Pros

Universal Consulting Services (UCS) really is a great place to work if you are able to get your foot in the door. It's still a relatively small company (At least it still holds on to that small company feel) that is continuing to grow and expand its customer base, so there is good opportunity for movement within the company as new positions are always opening. I've never had any issues with feeling left behind as the company has grown, and feel that everyone is treated fairly.

Cons

Not necessarily a con for most people, but hard work and professionalism is expected of all UCS employees, and that isn't just lip service. I would say that if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to uphold that standard, you probably won't be happy.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Consulting Services (View Most Recent)

Look at it as a foot in the door, nothing more.

Current Employee - Junior Position
    Current Employee - Junior Position

I have been working at Universal Consulting Services

Pros

Complete freedom to work independently, with little guidance and no micro-managing.

Cons

No room for career advancement, you are simply moved laterally to another project doing administrative support work.
    No management interaction.
    If they didn't cut my paychecks, I wouldn't even remember I worked for them.

Find more challenging projects at a mid- to senior level so that employees can look forward to some sort of upward mobility.

Frustrating.

I have been working at Universal Consulting Services

Pros

This is true in any consulting gig, but your client/project really has a lot influence here. So you can get lucky and have a wonderful project/client, but the only pros with UCS is the relatively decent pay and the ability to manage your work life balance better than you could at a larger consulting firm.

Cons

1. Poor Communication within the Company - especially top down.
    2. No growth/development tracks or opportunities
    3. Lack of interest in employee retention
    4. Once you're in - difficult to get pay raises. As the other review said - you can definitely get more doing the same thing at another firm.
    5. Promotions are decided on a whim - no real rhyme or reason so it's difficult to understand how to get to the next step.
    6. HR doesn't understand the world of consulting.

Senior Leadership should stop focusing only on the bottom line. There are fantastic employees that have left and continue to leave because of no recognition (in pay or in title) or development/growth opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Consulting Services