Universal Consulting Services

www.universal-inc.net
  www.universal-inc.net
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Consulting Services

Makes me feel like family!

Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Universal Consulting Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great salary, parties, benefits, career opportunities, amazing office, open minded owner.

Cons

Might get a bit un-orginized.

Bring summer picnics back

25 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Consulting Services (View Most Recent)

Decent company - horrible leadership

Former Employee - Former Employee in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Frederick, MD

I worked at Universal Consulting Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UCS has a lot of great employees who work hard. Compared with other companies the salary and benefits are pretty good. Great positions for people entering the workforce.

Cons

Promotion potential is horrible. The people that are promoted to managerial roles are a joke. They are the same people who come into the office late and leave early. They are not respected by their peers but are chosen based on their personal relationships with senior management. I saw too many hard working individuals that had more qualifications passed up for a manager role. I had to go elsewhere in order to reach my real potential.

Look at the qualified individuals you have working for you and put them in a position of leadership or they too will leave as the rest of us have.

An OK place for an entry level position, don't plan on staying more than 1-2 years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Universal Consulting Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good for a small consulting company in the DC area.

Aspects of ACTUAL federal consulting do exist at UCS, so take advantage of those even though the people around you aren't good representations of that.

Good work-life balance due to the federal nature of the company

Cons

Compensation is low compared other comsulting companies.

Actual work done isn't comparable to similar roles in other companies, and this is due to the project managers and other lead roles not competent in their work.

In regards to my last comment, project manager and senior roles are randomly given as opposed to given to deserving and knowledgeable employers

Promotion or advancement isn't structured or organized at all

No organization in project timelines and structure

WAY too much office gossip

Promote deserving employees, not just people that are free to take over a project.

Develop a structured/analytical way to evaluate your employees performance and mandate that it is used company wide.

Don't let good and smart employees walk away to similar companies just because you don't want to pay them

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Consulting Services