Universal Health Services

www.uhsinc.com
  www.uhsinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

Computers needed for MD orders!!!

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Auburn, WA
Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Universal Health Services

Pros

Emphasis on cleanliness in the hospital. I believe many employees have patient's best interest as a high priority.

Cons

Charting by all health team members on computers would be more effective as MD's writing and many RNs as well is not legible and therefore very frustrating to provide good patient care when one cannot read orders or progress notes.

Please implement all charting on computers ASAP---especially ALL orders written by MDs. Please figure a way to pass report from shift to shift so that one can understand what is being said by people with heavy accents who talk too fast. Perhaps this change in shift report has to be done by writing as well.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Health Services (View Most Recent)

UHS should listen to their employees and physicians.

Current Employee - Director in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Universal Health Services

Pros

Good benefits, job security, and fairly stable work environment. I would not hesitate to recommend UHS as a workplace for a friend. Also, the conditions at my hospital are fair and friendly.

Cons

Rumors and infighting amongst employees and departments.

Listen more to the lower men on the totem pole and physicians. Also, you should try to look less at dollar signs and concentrate on the human lives that make up the UHS organization.

Inconsistent

I have been working at Universal Health Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is an pportunity to work with a variety of behavioral health populations. Part of the facility is new. Full-time staff can do continuing education hours on company time.

Cons

Management overwhelmed and understaffed. There is bullying in the facility, and managers are inconsistent and often take out frustrations on staff. Pay is low for this market. Caseloads are high and the facility relies on PRN staff to work full-time without benefits. A lot of turnover at the C-level.

Your employees are people, not interchangeable units of work. Treat us a little better and we'll put up with the low pay - we really do love our patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services