There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

Inconsistent

I have been working at Universal Health Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is an pportunity to work with a variety of behavioral health populations. Part of the facility is new. Full-time staff can do continuing education hours on company time.

Cons

Management overwhelmed and understaffed. There is bullying in the facility, and managers are inconsistent and often take out frustrations on staff. Pay is low for this market. Caseloads are high and the facility relies on PRN staff to work full-time without benefits. A lot of turnover at the C-level.

Your employees are people, not interchangeable units of work. Treat us a little better and we'll put up with the low pay - we really do love our patients.

reviews filtered by

Universal Health Services could improve their services if they learn to value their staff a little bit more.

Current Employee - Educational Assistant
    Current Employee - Educational Assistant

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with individuals in need and change their lives one day at a time.

Cons

There is no trust within this company.

Take the time to hear your employees needs and concerns. The people at the bottom are the reason why people love your company and the individuals of the forefront should be heard and acknowledged.

Perspective of an RN: Most days I feel I must put my license on the line to meet the needs/provide basic patient care.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Available overtime for those who need it, Varying shift options to meet most schedules, Generous shift diff, Decent health insurance for a long time (BCBS) but recently switched to United Health Care in many hospitals which may soon becom a "con". Opportunity to relocate. Flexible schedule for nurses when time off or schedule change is needed. Friendly staff for the most part and taff works together well as a team most of the time. Ideal location and nice campus- Grounds as a whole have the potential to look much nicer and add amenities that would make it a more desirable place to choose. FSA Account, Vision, Dental, decent benefits options (though would expect a company of this size to contribute more).

Cons

Poor hospital management- cares more about filling beds than if it is safe to do so, dangerously high nurse-to-patient ratios, Dangerously short staffing total number (lacking a sufficient number of both nurses and technicians), Very high turnover. Lack of supplies and equipment to properly and safely do your job, Poor technology utilization- Most floors do not even have a computer. All nursing paperwork must be written by hand on every patient. Not even a computer to use a a resource (medications, patient care info, looking up phone numbers, etc.) Very poor investment in employees such as advancement, certifications, education. No reimbursement for things the company/hospital could benefit from (TB certification, board certification in specialized areas, continuing education, ACLS/PALS, etc. Accepts high acuity patients but does not prepare staff to care for them with neither skills nor adequate medical equipment.

Show the people who are taking care of the patients and providing the direct services that you value them. It just seems like ever since we got bought out by UHS, any and every motivating factor has been cut-- double-time on holidays for nurses, bonuses based on time with company, decent raises. At the same time we are pushed to do more in less time and complete impossible tasks. We have to sacrifice between patient care and losing a job over certain documentation procedures and unsafe staffing practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services