Universal Health Services
www.uhsinc.com King of Prussia, PA 5000+ Employees

Inconsistent

I have been working at Universal Health Services part-time for more than a year

ProsThere is an pportunity to work with a variety of behavioral health populations. Part of the facility is new. Full-time staff can do continuing education hours on company time.

ConsManagement overwhelmed and understaffed. There is bullying in the facility, and managers are inconsistent and often take out frustrations on staff. Pay is low for this market. Caseloads are high and the facility relies on PRN staff to work full-time without benefits. A lot of turnover at the C-level.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are people, not interchangeable units of work. Treat us a little better and we'll put up with the low pay - we really do love our patients.

Universal Health Services could improve their services if they learn to value their staff a little bit more.

Educational Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to work with individuals in need and change… Cons: There is no trust within this company. Advice to Senior Management: Take the time to hear your employees needs and concerns. The people at the bottom are the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Perspective of an RN: Most days I feel I must put my license on the line to meet the needs/provide basic patient care.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Pros: Available overtime for those who need it, Varying shift options to meet most schedules, Generous shift diff, Decent health insurance for a long time (BCBS)… Cons: Poor hospital management- cares more about filling beds than if it is safe to do so, dangerously high nurse-to-patient ratios, Dangerously short staffing total number… Advice to Senior Management: Show the people who are taking care of the patients and providing the direct services that you value them. It just seems like ever since… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Universal Health Services.

Worked for Universal Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Universal Health Services CEO Alan B. Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by Universal Health Services employees.