Universal Health Services
www.uhsinc.com King of Prussia, PA 5000+ Employees

A roller coaster ride that never quite makes it to the top...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI'd like to be able to say some nice things about this company, after all I invested a significant portion of my life here. They have a great benefits program and have done a great job of controlling costs to employees.

ConsThe Kansas City Campus (Two Rivers Psychiatric Hospital) has been in a state of turmoil for over four years and the drama continues. There have been 9 new CEOs of this facility in the last four years. The facility has battled to remain in compliance with State and Federal Regulations, but always seems to fall short. CMS has issued 90-day notices on several occasions, which would end Medicare Fudning and effectively shut down the facility. Several key senior management positions have turned over, leaving a sophomore class of inexperienced leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at this facility--do you even want to be in this market? Get an electronic medical record system in place. Learn to treat employees like the professionals you'd like them to be. Suggest that the CEO leave his office on occasion and get out among staff.

They really care about their patients. The bottom line is second, then the employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time

Pros: Loved the people there. They become your family. Hated to… Cons: Make you feel like you're lucky to be there. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They delivered exactly as I expected them to.

HUC (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Universal Health Services for less than a year

Pros: The company is stable and offers opportunities for advancement. Cons: The shifts are entirely too long, creating the opportunity for… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your staff and go to 8 and/or 10… More

There are newer reviews on Universal Health Services.

Worked for Universal Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Universal Health Services CEO Alan B. Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by Universal Health Services employees.