There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

Lower nurse to patient ratios than other companies.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lexington, KY
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher pay than other similar jobs in the region.

Cons

Feel short staffed on a routine basis.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A growing company with upward mobility.

Current Employee - Director in Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The industry is booming even as the economy is not. There's always a certain level of job security when the demand for the type of healthcare services you provide is only going to continue to grow.

Cons

Divisional and Corporate department heads come in to make changes even if the current system you are using is successful.

Advice to Management

See an employee as a face with a skill set, not an FTE. If you are going to make a departmental cut, do so to an individual based on work performance, not on how long someone has been employed. Lay-off dead weight that's been employed for 5 years, not a bright, innovative, and talented employee just because they are inside their 90 day period.

14 years is a long time!!!

Former Employee - Team Leader in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It stayed on top of the latest technology within reason. Employees are encouraged to improve processes by utilizing technology and reducing overall cost to the company and the environment.

From an organization perspective I feel UHS is an excellent company with good financials. If you are part of upper management it is very lucrative.

Cons

IS Department morale is low overall. Management is never content with the work that is performed by the teams. Many of us put between 50 and 60 hours on average a week and get little or no merit increase at the end of the year. We are told telecommuting is not allowed, so everyone has to come in the office for 40 hours. However, just about everyone in IT/IS work from home to keep up with the work load past the 40 hours. We are constantly reminded that we are lucky to have a job!

The department/company wasn't always this way. . . Lot has changed in the last 5 years!

Advice to Management

Upper Management has no clue what goes on in the department at least in IT/IS from my experience. Perhaps, they should have conversations with the employees and not just the Directors and VPs.