Universal Health Services

www.uhsinc.com

Focus on profit margins over quality

ProsCompetitive salary. The number of health care professionals (vs finance professionals) at the corporate office is growing, which is an attempt to redirect the focus of the company on the importance of population health management rather than solely hospital operations management.

ConsThe company is short-sighted on profits and willing to compromise care to achieve the needs of Wall Street. Corporate management has deferred to the expertise of physicians practicing within the hospitals, rather than an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, which is leading to significant profit wasting, conflict with the supporting staff and low employee morale. Values are merely listed on the employee brochure, but are not woven into the culture or expectations of employees. The HR focus is disproportionately in favor of recruitment rather than retention and employee development. Turnover amongst the C-suite executives at the hospitals as well as at the corporate office create much disruption to the success of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport quality care initiatives focused on improving health outcomes and the money will follow - we no longer live in 1975, and the business model should evolve accordingly.

Great job !!!

Field Service Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: It was a pleasure getting venders and their clients equipment needed to get patients on the road to recovery. It… Cons: Long hours at times while on call and long mileage trips in all kinds… Advice to Senior Management: More facilities Statewide to have more adequate coverage to increase… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

very family friendly. good people to work with

Outpatient Hospital Medical Coder (Current Employee) Corona, CA

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: very family friendly, good management to work for Cons: my experience in medical records has been good. I still… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Universal Health Services.

Worked for Universal Health Services? Contribute to the Community!