There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

It was rewarding benefits-wise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great (PTO, ELB, health, dental, etc). In class training was good. Position was particularly an everyday challenge which I liked, not the same old routine over and over. I generally got along with everyone there. Service Excellence training was wired into everyone that worked there.

Cons

Pay does not match your workload. Managers like to pass along tasks rather than learn and show us on the floor. PTO was a battle to take even though it was your personal time off.

Time-off needs to be less strict and management needs to realize that us floor people are not robots.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Health Services (View Most Recent)

Very poor management and lack of leadership abilities

Current Employee - Staff RN in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Higher pay than other local corporations.

Cons

With the increase in pay comes lack of appreciation, poor and inexperienced management, no concern for patient safety (only monetary gain), lack of support from administration including no advocacy for employees and inefficient and poor HR management.

Management needs to consider experience and education when hiring their managers. Many of the managers are Associates prepared or new nursing graduates who are supervising seasoned and more educated nurses, and it shows. Simple managerial tasks are poorly executed if at all. Leadership needs to be modeled positively. Hire intelligent people and then listen to them.

Reactive vs being a true leader in the world of healthcare from an Acute perspective.

I worked at Universal Health Services

Pros

Decent benefits. Several good leaders. Attempting to change culture to a quality driven organization.

Cons

Promote "yes men" and folks who just are content and stay.
    Do not fulfill promises
    Micromanagement from the top level, including C suite
    Professional accomplishments are overshadowed by personal feelings that are never based on facts.

Grow your talent in house better. Develop leaders by creating actual plans that have real actionable goals. Think about the patients more than the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services