There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

It was rewarding benefits-wise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are great (PTO, ELB, health, dental, etc). In class training was good. Position was particularly an everyday challenge which I liked, not the same old routine over and over. I generally got along with everyone there. Service Excellence training was wired into everyone that worked there.

Cons

Pay does not match your workload. Managers like to pass along tasks rather than learn and show us on the floor. PTO was a battle to take even though it was your personal time off.

Time-off needs to be less strict and management needs to realize that us floor people are not robots.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Health Services (View Most Recent)

Night shift

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team environment, great benefits, and opportunities for overtime

Cons

Very little help, when census drops and there is high acuity there is no consideration for staffing

staff by acuity

Very poor management and lack of leadership abilities

Current Employee - Staff RN  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Higher pay than other local corporations.

Cons

With the increase in pay comes lack of appreciation, poor and inexperienced management, no concern for patient safety (only monetary gain), lack of support from administration including no advocacy for employees and inefficient and poor HR management.

Management needs to consider experience and education when hiring their managers. Many of the managers are Associates prepared or new nursing graduates who are supervising seasoned and more educated nurses, and it shows. Simple managerial tasks are poorly executed if at all. Leadership needs to be modeled positively. Hire intelligent people and then listen to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

Worked for Universal Health Services? Contribute to the Community!