There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

It was rewarding benefits-wise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great (PTO, ELB, health, dental, etc). In class training was good. Position was particularly an everyday challenge which I liked, not the same old routine over and over. I generally got along with everyone there. Service Excellence training was wired into everyone that worked there.

Cons

Pay does not match your workload. Managers like to pass along tasks rather than learn and show us on the floor. PTO was a battle to take even though it was your personal time off.

Advice to Management

Time-off needs to be less strict and management needs to realize that us floor people are not robots.

Other Employee Reviews for Universal Health Services

Reactive vs being a true leader in the world of healthcare from an Acute perspective.

Pros

Decent benefits. Several good leaders. Attempting to change culture to a quality driven organization.

Cons

Promote "yes men" and folks who just are content and stay. Do not fulfill promises Micromanagement from the top level, including C suite Professional accomplishments are overshadowed by personal feelings that are never based on facts.

Advice to Management

Grow your talent in house better. Develop leaders by creating actual plans that have real actionable goals. Think about the patients more than the bottom line.

Night shift

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment, great benefits, and opportunities for overtime

Cons

Very little help, when census drops and there is high acuity there is no consideration for staffing

Advice to Management

staff by acuity