There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

UHS should listen to their employees and physicians.

Current Employee - Director in Laredo, TX
Current Employee - Director in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Universal Health Services

Pros

Good benefits, job security, and fairly stable work environment. I would not hesitate to recommend UHS as a workplace for a friend. Also, the conditions at my hospital are fair and friendly.

Cons

Rumors and infighting amongst employees and departments.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the lower men on the totem pole and physicians. Also, you should try to look less at dollar signs and concentrate on the human lives that make up the UHS organization.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Inconsistent

I have been working at Universal Health Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an pportunity to work with a variety of behavioral health populations. Part of the facility is new. Full-time staff can do continuing education hours on company time.

Cons

Management overwhelmed and understaffed. There is bullying in the facility, and managers are inconsistent and often take out frustrations on staff. Pay is low for this market. Caseloads are high and the facility relies on PRN staff to work full-time without benefits. A lot of turnover at the C-level.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people, not interchangeable units of work. Treat us a little better and we'll put up with the low pay - we really do love our patients.

Universal Health Services could improve their services if they learn to value their staff a little bit more.

Current Employee - Educational Assistant
    Current Employee - Educational Assistant

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with individuals in need and change their lives one day at a time.

Cons

There is no trust within this company.

Advice to Management

Take the time to hear your employees needs and concerns. The people at the bottom are the reason why people love your company and the individuals of the forefront should be heard and acknowledged.