Universal Hospital

www.uhs.com

Overworked, Under Trained, and VERY Under Paid!

Laser Tech (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsJob security is there. I would rarely work less than 55 hours per week.

ConsVERY UNDER PAID! The KC division was never reevaluated after the MSL and UHS merger. Job duties probably increased 30% and pay was never adjusted to suit. Techs in the west coast division were apparently making 2 times as much before merger. Raises were also frozen after the merger due to unknown reasons.
OVER WORKED! Due to the lack of respectful pay, turnover rate was insane! I was there just under a year and were were at least 2 techs short. That caused some multiple 70 hour weeks. That did not include the 16 to 24 hours of unpaid time in hotel rooms away from your family. Your company phone was always ringing and you were expected to jump at their orders.
UNSAFE! What lead me to leave the company was an event that happened at least 6 times that I could recall. The last one that drove me to walk away was a Thursday/Friday. Mind you, I was nearly to my 40 Hours before that Thursday. I put in 37 hours between my Thursday and Friday with only 6 hours of rest in my hotel room. I know truckers have drivers logs that don't allow them to be worked like that. This company, has no such thing. They are free to have you in Oklahoma City working one day, and then sent to Omaha to work the entire next day. Management will walk away from these conversations as well. They are making good money off your blood, sweat, and tears. I won't even get into training.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom all the cons I shared...if the pay was even $5 more an hour, I wouldn't have been able to leave. Pay people their worth, and you will develop people who will make careers with you. If not, they will move along as soon as they have more than one career deal breaker....even if the job market is awful.

WAS a great place to work

Corp Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Universal Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Not much here. In today's economy, steady employment is the… Cons: No career path for those that are not in the "new normal" for UHS. New normal for men is GQ and for women is stylish… Advice to Senior Management: So much time wasted at corp. So little understanding of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Implementation / Support / Training Specialist

InCare Training Specialist (Former Employee) Edina, MN

I worked at Universal Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Travel was nice, they make it pretty simple to book your own flights / hotels. The physical technology they used was pretty good. The yearly… Cons: People are promoted based on current social graces rather than documented performance. Gossip will definitely be a factor in your review process whether it's true… Advice to Senior Management: My experience with the VP I reported to was something I will never forget. This person clearly demonstrated a lack of leadership and moral ethics.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Universal Hospital.

Worked for Universal Hospital? Contribute to the Community!