Universal Hospital

www.uhs.com
  www.uhs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Hospital

Very different experience from team to team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Universal Hospital full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing organization, very nice office

Cons

Each team within this organization is very different. From my experience, there is not a cohesive culture across this company. I cannot speak for the entire organization, but most of the teams I have had interaction with are incompetent and managers/directors/VP's will work hard to put the blame on anyone but themselves. It's clear that poor management is evident across the organization, however it has yet to be adressed. My advice for anyone interviewing is to ask a lot of detailed questions during your interview. Really get a good idea of your future supervisors management style. Ask them about current challenges within their team, becuase the way they answer your questions will really be a judge to their personal character.

The company is growing too fast. Employees are overwelmed and dissatisfied. Major problems are arising because resources are not available to handle this level of growth. Instead of focusing on strategy and growth, focus on employees and teams.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Hospital (View Most Recent)

Overworked, Under Trained, and VERY Under Paid!

Former Employee - Laser Tech in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Laser Tech in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Universal Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job security is there. I would rarely work less than 55 hours per week.

Cons

VERY UNDER PAID! The KC division was never reevaluated after the MSL and UHS merger. Job duties probably increased 30% and pay was never adjusted to suit. Techs in the west coast division were apparently making 2 times as much before merger. Raises were also frozen after the merger due to unknown reasons.
    OVER WORKED! Due to the lack of respectful pay, turnover rate was insane! I was there just under a year and were were at least 2 techs short. That caused some multiple 70 hour weeks. That did not include the 16 to 24 hours of unpaid time in hotel rooms away from your family. Your company phone was always ringing and you were expected to jump at their orders.
    UNSAFE! What lead me to leave the company was an event that happened at least 6 times that I could recall. The last one that drove me to walk away was a Thursday/Friday. Mind you, I was nearly to my 40 Hours before that Thursday. I put in 37 hours between my Thursday and Friday with only 6 hours of rest in my hotel room. I know truckers have drivers logs that don't allow them to be worked like that. This company, has no such thing. They are free to have you in Oklahoma City working one day, and then sent to Omaha to work the entire next day. Management will walk away from these conversations as well. They are making good money off your blood, sweat, and tears. I won't even get into training.

From all the cons I shared...if the pay was even $5 more an hour, I wouldn't have been able to leave. Pay people their worth, and you will develop people who will make careers with you. If not, they will move along as soon as they have more than one career deal breaker....even if the job market is awful.

WAS a great place to work

Current Employee - Corp Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Corp Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Universal Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not much here. In today's economy, steady employment is the biggest pro, and I have been here for 13+ years.

Cons

No career path for those that are not in the "new normal" for UHS. New normal for men is GQ and for women is stylish clothes. If you like to work at corp and LOVE meetings.this is the place for you. Like many growing companies, they have bought into the "lets have a meeting" to find out what needs to be done.

So much time wasted at corp. So little understanding of what the top priority in the District is.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Hospital