Universal Laser Systems
www.ulsinc.com Scottsdale, AZ

Great staff with incompetent management

N/A (Former Employee)

I worked at Universal Laser Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI would have to agree with the previous reviews, great staff, decent pay, and pretty good environment.

ConsAgain, I agree with the previous reviews. There is nearly ZERO advancement and the benefits are terrible (no retirement plan and horrible insurance). There are no reviews, therefore, you will never receive a raise, ever, whether it be for cost of living or performance.
The company only hires from without, which is an indication of how it treats it's employees. In other words, they hire for a position but then management believes that your ideas are worthless. This leads to EXTREME micromanagement and lack of direction. Imagine a ship at sea in a storm without a rudder, that would pretty much describe the management ethos and performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a great amount of potential in the employees that have been hired. They are your greatest asset, utilize them. Employees bring ideas and experience to the table, this in an incalculable asset to ANY company. It would be nice it management could see this and not grind this asset to dust under their micromanagement heel.

Conedy or Tragedy?

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Universal Laser Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice environment. Good neighborhood. Pay can be decent for the right people.… Cons: Executive level management is: extreme micro-management and no leadership whatsoever. Sometimes the proletariat can still do useful things, but most of the time they are… Advice to Senior Management: The formula for success at this company appears to be: 1-While accomplishing nothing, actually hurt the company. 2-Repeat the owner's ideas back to him in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

do not work at Universal Laser Systems if you have other opportunities

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Universal Laser Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: i do not see any good reason, apart from learning for new person. If you… Cons: no respect for knowledge, top management of Universal Laser Sucks, no pay scale regularity nothing is good… Advice to Senior Management: Make some radical changes to revive the company & take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Universal Laser Systems.

Worked for Universal Laser Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Laser Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Universal Laser Systems CEO Yefim Sukhman. All reviews posted anonymously by Universal Laser Systems employees.