Universal Laser Systems
www.ulsinc.com Scottsdale, AZ

Company has potential, but odds of it being reached under current structure are slim.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Universal Laser Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsCurrent employees in general are pleasant to work with. Fun company and product. Generally a low stress environment. Unusual to have to work more than 40 hrs a week in most positions.

ConsVery little room for promotion or professional growth. Benefits are minimal; average health care and no retirement programs (401k, etc). Salary is not higher to compensate for this, in fact, it is considerably lower for equivalent positions elsewhere. Salary program based on company performance is also nonsensical for certain positions.
Management structure, direction, accountability, and capability are often laughable at best. High quality employees are often brought in, but then completely stifled and allowed no freedom or decision making capability in their areas of expertise. This quickly leads to frustration and a high turn-around rate in most departments. Unfortunately these short-comings are systemic and not limited to a small portion of the company. There are some bright spots, but not many.
Company has potential, but unless major changes in culture are made, they will not be realized.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability. Clear direction and follow through; projects often muddled and constantly changing direction; stop dropping projects half-way to fruition and just finish something. If no promotions, raises, etc to occur, some recognition and thanks would go a long way toward making current employees feel appreciated.

Crazy Micromanagement

I have been working at Universal Laser Systems

Pros: Location is nice. Facility is nice. Cons: Employees are given neither direction nor authority. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great staff with incompetent management

N/A (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Universal Laser Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I would have to agree with the previous reviews, great… Cons: Again, I agree with the previous reviews. There is nearly ZERO advancement and the benefits are terrible (no retirement plan and horrible insurance). … Advice to Senior Management: There is a great amount of potential in the employees that have been hired. They are your greatest asset, utilize them. Employees bring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Universal Laser Systems.

Worked for Universal Laser Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Laser Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Universal Laser Systems CEO Yefim Sukhman. All reviews posted anonymously by Universal Laser Systems employees.