There are newer employer reviews for Universal Orlando Resort

Good place to have my first job at.....

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

Pros

-Team work( we all work as a team and I find it easy to rely on others for help) - Pay can be advanced through job performance (ex. I went from $7.25 to $8.19 an hour within one year) -Advancement is possible -Lots of variety in jobs within the company - A lot of benefits such as financial aid for college or health insurance

Cons

-Days can drag on -Guests can be very rude and nasty at times - Weather conditions change rapidly and the heat can get you sick -Management sometimes does not quite understand what the hourlies have to go through and they can often be misunderstood -Job can be very exhausting and monotonous

Advice to Management

Please make sure your team members are one hundred percent happy with what you are doing in your area. You will have a tougher time dealing with angry employees than you will to make the adjustments so they can be happy and willing to work for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Universal Orlando Resort

Great place to work, but management not supportive

Current Employee - Advertising in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Advertising in Orlando, FL

Pros

Interesting jobs in all departments Great environment Work and play with Team Looks terrific on resume to get your ticket punched

Cons

Payscale low compared to the rest of industry Management backs down without demanding conclusive data. Management refuses to support employees

Advice to Management

It's clear that top mnagement didn't have the balls to go against HR and support their employee. What HR did to a junior Team member recently was classic CYA that our leader refused to challenge. She didn't have the balls (literally & figuratively) to do the right thing. A number of us are now soured on the company. As soon as I find something suitable, I'll be out of here!

2. Modern day slave workers

Current Employee - Team Captain in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Team Captain in Orlando, FL

Pros

- free comp tickets - cheap employee meals - can be a fun work environment when the right people are working

Cons

- long hours (but you get written up if you accrue overtime) - LOW pay - overworked - managers = incompetent - team captains are expected to do managers work - for much less pay than what the managers make.

Advice to Management

LEARN your jobs! stop putting the blame on team captains when things don't get done properly! you don't make that much more money than team captains do....so what makes you think you're so much better?