Universal Orlando Resort

www.universalorlando.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Orlando Resort

I truly enjoyed this place. Your job could be MUCH worse.

Former Employee - Animated Entertainer in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Animated Entertainer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got paid to entertain guests via hugs, high fives, meet and greets, autographs, dancing, etc. the highlight of my day was getting to meet a Make A Wish Foundation kid, or a Give Kids the World kid and seeing their faces light up or even their parents faces, because if only for a minute, nothing else in the world mattered. Nobody was sick or in pain. They were just happy to meet you.

Cons

The days are long and exhuasting. You sweat a heck of a lot until your body gets used to the heat. And the constant changing in and out of a costume becomes very monotonous.

Advice to Management

I dont have too much negative to say about this place. The supervisors were all nice and fair, though sometimes getting a hold of a manager wasnt the easiest thing to do. Higher wages would be nice, and more ergonomically designed costumes would DEFINITELY be a plus. The costume designers never have to wear their designs out in the heat for a day or more, so they dont know the negatives to them.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun enjoyable experience

Former Employee - Lead Horticulturist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Horticulturist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unusual work environment, fun energetic people

Cons

Salary was below industry standards

Advice to Management

Continue to get involved

2. It's a job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free park tickets, 35% discount on all merch, HHN, discount on food, any time admission to park as guest.

Cons

Favoritism, crappy positions, team leads/ management, very hard to move up/ get promoted, hard to get your desired schedule, swapping shifts isn't hard but it's a very annoying hassle.

Advice to Management

Do your job and help out on the sales floor. There's honestly 7 of you and you all don't need to be in the office all day without checking on yours stores especially if we're short staffed.