Universal Orlando Resort

www.universalorlando.com
  www.universalorlando.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Orlando Resort

Good company and I am proud to work here... but I don't like my department.

Current Employee - Destination Universal Vacation Planner in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Destination Universal Vacation Planner in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time

Pros

In speaking about Universal Orlando as a company I will say that I love working for this company and I am enjoying the best perks I have ever had including, free theme park admission to 4 major parks, exclusive previews of Orlando attractions, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, and more. There is opportunity for growth...OUTSIDE of Destination Universal. Presently, my application is pending and I can't wait to move on!

Cons

My department, Destination Universal, seems to operate separately from the parent company. This is unfortunate because employees here are humiliated and abused, vacation time is difficult to get, training is zero to minimal, and the pay and sales commissions, though possessing the potential to be acceptable, are intentionally tweaked to keep us poor and needy while our supervisors enjoy luxurious trips to Europe.

There is more to the success of a department than just sales figures on paper. If you are seriously interested in learning why people are constantly quitting Destination Universal you may want to investigate further as to how and why Destination Universal has deviated so far from the company's mission of being "an employer of choice" where people are happy to work.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Orlando Resort (View Most Recent)

I love it.

Current Employee - Attraction Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Attraction Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Ticket, Personal Growth, Time-Off, Free Admission to other Theme Parks & Safe Work Place

Cons

Training, Earn Promotion, Benefits, 90 Days & To become Full Time

They are the best

Would recommend anyone to work here

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort

Pros

company has great benefits, and maintains a fun and fast paced working environment.

Cons

pay scale is lower than that of comparable jobs outside of the theme park

make pay more competitive, to make current employees want to stay rather than look elsewhere for employment.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Orlando Resort