Universal Protection Service

www.universalpro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service

I'd say there is nothing to write home about

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Security Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quick to hire, and that's it.

Cons

Low pay. Shorted pay. No pre-tax travel plans for public transport. I did not get paid for the 8 hour orientation day because they do it before they actually hire you. Other companies such as Allied Barton do pay you for that 8 hour day. They measured me for a suit but it never fit right. Most of the people I know in the company have had multiple discrepancies in their pay checks.

Get more professional Operations Managers. Raise the pay and provide benefits at no charge.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Protection Service (View Most Recent)

This is a required fill in

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment to work in

Cons

Low pay, improper fitted uniforms, no upward mobility

Promote from within

Pretty good for a call center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours if you're looking for overtime. Good starting pay and benefits after 90 days. Nice, clean, new office & phones.

Cons

No leadership or accountability in management. We didn't even have a manager most of the time I was there. There is no chance of promotion if you work as a customer service representative. The corporate office hires outside managers that don't typically understand the branch's needs. No training program, CSR's are held accountable for learning protocol on their own. Sales division often makes promises that the equipment can do things it can't, which leads to a lot of closed accounts. High turnover in customer service division and low hiring standards allowed a lot of dead weight on the team.

Simplify your protocol or hire more qualified representatives. Keep a manager in the department to maintain and enforce uniform policies and keep a complete shift schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service