Security guard positions at many types of companies.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Security Officer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for students, much time to study. Easy job environment. But of course, the pay reflects the job duties. Universal wages are also lower than other Security companies. However, management at main office will look out and keep officers who has proven reliable in the past, in the event that there might be complaints against the officer.

Cons

Bad supervisors, would not look out for employees. Would not honor past promises of shift change.

Pay your employees better. Offer better health benefits.

Other Reviews for Universal Protection Service

I had a great experience working for Universal, they have a friendly management team and security supervisors.

Former Employee - Security Professional  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Security Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at Universal Protection Service part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a great work core values, communication and I really liked the uniforms, very professional.

Cons

Took too long to get a full time position. As a personal cons I will like to add that they should assign security professional that live in proximity to the assigned security sites.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Current Employee - Security Supervisor  in  Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Napa, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free dry cleaning service for uniformed personnel.

Cons

Low pay, high expectations, and limited support.

UPS really doesn't offer anything special as an employer or a security provider. The "gene pool" of security is not very deep overall, and from an industry stand point, they offer low pay and expect the world in return. I have worked for 8 different security companies while I was in college working on my bachelors degree. UPS was an interesting company to work for in respect to their security officer training programs. UPS requires their security "professionals" to undergo more training than most other security companies. However, the training they provide offers little to no value and it seems like the company uses the training more for C.Y.A. purposes than to provide worthwhile education to help their staff preform better in the real world. They seem to train just for the sake of doing so, to lower the potential liability for the company, so they can point the finger at the employee in order to say that they were trained and they should know better. (Typical for the industry as a whole)

In summary, UPS is just another low preforming security company trying to appear better than they actually are. At their core, they are no better or no worse than any other cut rate security company. Their aim is to provide the client with as little as possible, by paying their staff as little as possible, and generate as much revenue as possible. (Standard security industry business strategy)

I remember old military saying that seems to describe UPS to a tee:

QUESTION: If you put sugar on poop what do you get?

ANSWER: Sugary poop

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service.

Worked for Universal Protection Service? Contribute to the Community!