Universal Protection Service

www.universalpro.com
  www.universalpro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service

A slow paced but a good starting point.

Current Employee - Security Officer
Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start out and hone your skills, vast locations to work, pay is decent, will work with schedule for parents.

Cons

Lack of leadership in some areas, Security license is not payed by the company, you must have it before you start.

Not unless Someone steps down

117 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Protection Service (View Most Recent)

I work with a bunch of wanna-be's, has-beens and never-were.

I worked at Universal Protection Service

Pros

As a former employee, I don't have many nice things to say about this company.

Cons

Extremely unorganized. They offer promises of strict military style protocols but deliver an operation that carries itself as if it were a day old.

Become more involved with your locations

Not for everybody.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid and its a job. Post isn't half bad.

Cons

I could write a book on it. But to name a few............

- Low pay. If you think paying out of your pocket nearly 200 dollars or more to get a class D license warrants getting paid barely over minimum wage with no possibility of a raise then go for it.

-Ive worked for two different companies in this field. Both were the same. See it isn't just one person that I could put a finger on. Sometimes the Supervisor was cool and others were jerks for no reason than to prove who was in control. Power trips galore.

-I'm a model employee. Never been written up or gotten in trouble and have been there over a year. Still treated like a green horn. No raise of any kind.

- What I've seen with the supervisors gives me the chills that anyone would be that desperate enough to take that position with all they have to deal with. They work on 12.00 per hour salary and probably work 6 to 7 days a week at well over 40 hours a week with no compensation. Honestly I don't think my supervisor gets more than a few hours a sleep per day. Some have to drive their own cars all over town.

-They make promises of bonuses for things like 1 years anniversaries but never come through.

For starters don't send out memos of things the company will do but then go back on it when the time comes to pay out. Pay employees more or at least give raises of some kind every few months. Give an incentive for your employees to go above and beyond.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service

Worked for Universal Protection Service? Contribute to the Community!