Universal Protection Service

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service

Not for everybody.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get paid and its a job. Post isn't half bad.

Cons

I could write a book on it. But to name a few............

- Low pay. If you think paying out of your pocket nearly 200 dollars or more to get a class D license warrants getting paid barely over minimum wage with no possibility of a raise then go for it.

-Ive worked for two different companies in this field. Both were the same. See it isn't just one person that I could put a finger on. Sometimes the Supervisor was cool and others were jerks for no reason than to prove who was in control. Power trips galore.

-I'm a model employee. Never been written up or gotten in trouble and have been there over a year. Still treated like a green horn. No raise of any kind.

- What I've seen with the supervisors gives me the chills that anyone would be that desperate enough to take that position with all they have to deal with. They work on 12.00 per hour salary and probably work 6 to 7 days a week at well over 40 hours a week with no compensation. Honestly I don't think my supervisor gets more than a few hours a sleep per day. Some have to drive their own cars all over town.

-They make promises of bonuses for things like 1 years anniversaries but never come through.

For starters don't send out memos of things the company will do but then go back on it when the time comes to pay out. Pay employees more or at least give raises of some kind every few months. Give an incentive for your employees to go above and beyond.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Protection Service (View Most Recent)

A slow paced but a good starting point.

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start out and hone your skills, vast locations to work, pay is decent, will work with schedule for parents.

Cons

Lack of leadership in some areas, Security license is not payed by the company, you must have it before you start.

Not unless Someone steps down

Great job but lacking in pay.

I have been working at Universal Protection Service

Pros

They are a well established company who is growing extremely fast. There are numerous job openings across the country with a wide selection of roles.

Cons

Pay is not great. No hope for performance raises or time scale. No places or room to advance. Not a place to find a lifetime career.

Pay more attention to the people you have and not the companies you are about to acquire.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service