Universal Protection Service

www.universalpro.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service

I am an internal Security Office.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Security Officer in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work here because I enjoy ma thematic circulations.

Cons

I don't like the fact that raises are not offered and the rotating shifts are hard to get use to.

Advice to Management

I have no problems with management.

reviews filtered by

- Low Pay. No Benefits. Avoid at all costs unless desperate -

Current Employee - Security Professional in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Security Professional in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- You don't do anything productive in this field so it allows you to study and take classes to get a degree and move onto a real career.
    - Met some really cool people here, hopefully they have moved onto better things.

Cons

- Low Pay. (Good luck trying to afford an apartment while paying rent, student loans, and other bills in CA or anywhere with a high cost of living). (Over worked and under compensated. Do NOT expect your employees to over work for near min wage).
    - No Raises. (OK... A few cents...They call that a raise I guess).
    - No Benefits. (No paid sick days, no paid vacations. Are you sick? Well sorry, you're out of luck. Their motto is: "No work, no pay," so hopefully you have some money saved... Hopefully...)
    - Supervisors/Managers who micromanage their employees like children.
    - No Productivity. (Job isn't productive so it is advisable to be doing something that is).

Advice to Management

They do not listen to their employees so I will not waste my time giving any advice.

Caution: CLOROX site a safety hazard.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

no supervision, left to yourself, no one cares or knows when you are late or not there. very little to do. bring a laptop , games, movie dvd/vcr.

Cons

Building temp averages 85f= NO ventilation, muggy, stale air. MANY hazards! Hydrochloric acid bottles filled lying about, many biological and chemical experimentations went on there. Bolts rising out of the floor, nails, tacks, staples, black widow spiders, vermin, sewage, hot working conditions. No power in several buildings, workers continued to use bathrooms without water, thus sewage is piled up. swarms of flys in some restrooms. Bring your own soap, water and toilet paper, and garbage bags, no supplies provided. A toxic working environment. Black mold on some walls. The building has been unoccupied for at least 2+ years. A scary place to work! If you fall down or get hurt, Don't expect someone to find your rotted corpse some weeks later, if at all in 30 days...

Advice to Management

turn on the power and water and air conditioning and ventilation systems, provide a janitorial service for garbage pickup and re supply and clean the working bathrooms. pick up trash, vacuum floors remove all toxic chemicals and have hazards cleaned up. and pick up written D.A.R.'s and notify client of all incidences noted, and have client/vendors lock up after they leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Protection Service