Universal Truckload Services

www.goutsi.com
  www.goutsi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Truckload Services

Not a terrible place to work

Current Employee - Accountant in Warren, MI
Current Employee - Accountant in Warren, MI

I have been working at Universal Truckload Services

Pros

People are very nice. MOST managers are easy going and friendly to department.

Cons

Pay, programs, and software outdated

Need better job recognizing good work

14 Other Employee Reviews for Universal Truckload Services (View Most Recent)

LTI Fleet Manager

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Universal Truckload Services

Pros

The employees are laid back and are generally pleasant to work with as well as the parent company in Michigan.

Cons

One major downside is that you are on call once a week every three or four weeks where you can be reached 24/7.

Overall you do a great job. One thing I would change is the amount of second chances some driver's and agents receive.

Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Universal Truckload Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay, lots of room for advancement but you have to be willing to move across the country. Universal is such a large company that there is nothing we can't do in the Transportation world. This is a great place to start as an entry level fleet manager and work your way up. In fact one of the presidents started many years ago as a fleet manager. I also started as a fleet manager and have been promoted 3 times in the 3 and a half years I have been there. They are always promoting people from within and with a promotion you get a pay raise and typically a bonus check if you are moving to a different location. Universal is such a large company and it just keeps growing!! I honestly love working here!!

Cons

No direct deposit. Not Blue Cross Blue Shield, instead they use their own insurance company so therefore its really expensive. Working in the HQ office is kind of noisy and bright. They require salary employees to still "clock in and out" Vacation days are horrible. 5 your first year at best, and depending when you start and I believe you max out at 15 after 6 years?

Give higher pay raises based on performance. 3% is almost a slap in the face! Parking at the HQ office. You should be able to have fun at work, quite with the micro-managing, we are all adults here. Bring back holiday parties. Start doing team building events(mini golf, bowling etc). Let your employees travel to the terminals they work with. Keep your employees happy and they will stick around!!

There are newer employer reviews for Universal Truckload Services