UniversalPegasus International
www.universalpegasus.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Complacency in an immature corporate environment

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a pool of employees with an incredibly diverse range of talents. Projects are consistently challenging, the work is satisfying, and instances of pidgeonholing employees are rare. The work environment is extraordinarily flexible and accommodating.

ConsFor most positions pay is around 10-20% below industry standard. Professional development, while not inhibited, is rarely encouraged. As such, professional growth is largely an independent pursuit. Corporate incentives are either token or non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith only an exception or two, Project Managers are knowledgeable and wholly competent. Projects are run very cohesively and, as such, the quality of our results is demonstrable - for now. Senior management, however, is mostly disassociated from the workforce.

As of now company growth seems to be dictated by the whims of stockholders rather than projected industry demand. While there is certainly a need to grow as a company, the current directive is overly aggressive and poorly managed. As a result the quality of our products in certain markets has been steadily declining as we divert attention to attaining unrealistic expectations. Dissemination of corporate information needs to occur more regularly and with clearer, reasonable objectives. The average employee, on the whole, needs to be made aware of where we sit as a company and be given opportunity to grow within. The alternative is to continue watching the turnover rate rise and the quality of product fall.

Continuously changing management stifles employees expectations.

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International

Pros: Good talent in the technical pool. Pretty good responsiveness to project needs. Company revenue growth provides stable employment in any job class. … Cons: Poor company planning with respect to "company growth" and "career growth". Less than average performance in company directives/coorporate communications with employees. Less than… Advice to Senior Management: Delegate leadership and communication responsibilities to lower managers and follow-up to see if things are "filtering" to employees. Try to manage employees as a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good place to work for

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International

Pros: The paycheck is above market average. They have multiple projects… Cons: -lots of managers with no degree, rude to the employee, and have no respect to anyoe -employess either worry about layoff or play office politics -project management… Advice to Senior Management: get rid of the old "Buddy System", promote people with talent and knowledge. Encourage… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UniversalPegasus International.

Worked for UniversalPegasus International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UniversalPegasus International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UniversalPegasus International CEO Philip Luna . All reviews posted anonymously by UniversalPegasus International employees.