There are newer employer reviews for Universe Technology

Great international experience in a dynamic environment

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has undergone quite a lot of changes recently. They have hired some great new management, installed the latest systems and embarked on a structured training program for all staff. They have also added several new business development methodologies to their work practices which seem to be working. It is a very international environment. Most European languages are spoken and most of their business is conducted in Europe. I would say that it is excellent international business experience to work here. They also encourage travel more than previously, and this makes the job more varied. Under their new regime there is a lot of support from managers and team leaders. This, coupled with an extremely large database (they have been established for 16 years I think), means that there is quite good scope for making serious money. They share data better than most sales organisations I've seen.

Cons

Recruitment is hard work, and the job here is no different. The rewards are good, but you need to work for them. You are also performance managed quite carefully. This can be helpful (indeed is designed to be) but you need to be ready for that. It seems that they had a previous management team who neglected some parts of the business, but the culprits have all left now, and the strategy seems far more robust. This actually makes it an exciting place to be as there is a lot of scope for development.

Advice to Management

"Stick to your guns" would be my main piece of advice. So often you see people doing things right, making a real effort, and then they lose conviction. That has not happened in this case, and I hope that they keep it that way.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unprofessional recruitment agency

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nothing !! simply nothing positive to say !

Cons

Unprofessional management they hired young and inexperienced people and they want them to bill after 3 weeks!!! they treat the employee who doesn't bill like crap in front of everybody!! you can not talk or pronounce the name of the competitor or see ex-employee. You don't seat comfortably the chair and the computer are so odd! Can not have a discussion with the management as you are always wrong...You have to do long hours !

Advice to Management

nothing everything you might say is WRONG !!!

2. Unprofessional recruitments

I have been working at Universe Technology

Pros

No pros noticed so far.

Cons

I was dealing several times with UTechnology recruiters regarding job offers they published with remark "asap". In all cases they were not able to clearly communicate neither the status of my application nor the final result each time giving me contradictory information so I got an impression there was either no real job behind their offer or they did not have the direct contact to the job offering company. Never again.

Advice to Management

Make a training for your recruiters how to deal with customers in professional way. Improve their communication skills. Do not publish fake job offers.